if not me then who...will tell my story

12.23.2004

my cell phone, southwest and the chicken

2 days until Christmas and I have left my spot in Dallas to visit my Mama in Sin City...not Vegas, but New Orleans and along the way I discovered that I am dyslexic.

Last night I set all my alarm clocks for 6:00 am so I would not miss my 8:05 am flight and had everything laid out so I would not be running around like a mad women this morning. Everything went off without a hitch...the alarms went off I jump in the shower and then into my clothes…sped off to the airport and along the way made a few crack of dawn calls…got to the lot jumped out of the car and on to the shuttle and before I knew it I was at the screen trying to figure out which gate I was going to fly out of and all I saw was an 8:50 flight to New Orleans so I check the flight number on my ticket and they matched those of the 8:50 flight ……….NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I could have slept in an extra hour…and I left my cell in the car

So I am on the flight and I think Southwest has got have the smallest accommodations… I went to the bathroom and bumped my head on the wall while squatting…then the folks in the seats next to me always spill over in to mine…But the pilot got me here safe and sound and I guess I really can’t complain the male stewardess kept winking at me and offering me extra peanuts.

Then when I get in the car with Mama all she keeps asking me is what do I want to eat, cause we have to stop at the store for a chicken…while we are looking for the chicken she had me put the ham back 3 time because she could not decide if she wanted one that was already cooked or if she wanted to cook it herself…finally she said I can cook my own damn ham and got the one already cooked…now I am suppose to be finding her a lamb recipe on line for the lamb she also brought…wonder what happen to the chicken?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home