if not me then who...will tell my story

2.06.2005

5 days

5 days...is how long my Father's friend was dead before anyone found him. He was last seen on Monday and found on Friday after the Police broke down his door...How sad! To be dead for so long before anyone knew/cared to look for you!

Please do not get the wrong idea. He lived alone on the NW side of DC. People were very fond of him and check in on him every few days...but he was old. How old??? No one really knows since he was born in Africa and does not have a birth certificate, but I would say he was in his late 80 even through the jet black/blue-black hair dye he used made him look 50ish. He was a great cook…when you went to see him you had better be hungry or at least act as if you were…Everything was always nice and spicy. He was a little hard to understand cause of the thick accent and deep voice, so what ever he offered I usually just said YES...and then he had any African movie you wanted or did not want to see as well.

In all it was still very sad...the world has lost one of the best chefs I know. Everyone must go sometime, so I hope and pray that he is at peace.

2 Comments:

  • I'll be sad with you so you won't be sad alone like your daddy's friend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM, February 17, 2005  

  • Geesh, that's terrible. Sometimes I think they will my father that way.

    Everything has to be his way...that includes the way and where he lives.

    Simone

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 AM, March 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home